Dental Advisor - Core It®
Posted by Jay Lee on
Core It® is a radiopaque, auto-mixed, dual-cured, composite core build-up material with medium viscosity for easy application with controlled placement and stackability. This material offers high bond strength to enamel, dentin and posts, sets hard and cuts like dentin. Core It® is available as a system kit containing 2, 10g syringes (yellow), a 5mL bottle each of EsBond and Activator, a 5mL syringe of FineEtch, two Eco Tips, 12 core mixing tips, 12 intraoral tips, a dispensing dish, application tool, 34 microbrush tips, and four etchant tips. in addition, it is available in boxes containing 2, 10g syringes in yellow, blue or white composite together with two Eco Tips and 12 mixing tips. Packs containing 50 mixing tips and intraoral tips are also available.
- "It performed well - good flowability, stackability and it did not slump." "The "white" and "blue" are easy to distinguish. It's easy to gauge when shaping."
- "I was able to cut close to pins without any fracturing of the material."
- "The cured finish prior to trimming seems quite smooth and dense - a pleasure to use."
- "Simple to use and it appears to have a lower contact angle than other core materials."
- "One of the best materials I have ever used. The kit had everything."
- "The intraoral tip was a little big for some spaces - a smaller, longer one would be useful."
- “We had to cure in layers. I didn’t like that the adhesive is a 2-step.”
- “Beautiful handling properties, just the right viscosity. Adapts well to undercuts.”
- Take your time when placing this material and use even, slow pressure.
- Try the blue color. It’s great if the tooth ever needs a root canal retreat or crown replacement. The endodontist will thank you! Just don’t use it under an IPS e.max crown, the color will show.
- We used it for conventional cores and emergency “build-up and recementing” of crowns and bridges when patients couldn’t afford or stay for definitive treatment – very impressive.
- Give it an extra minute to start cutting it after curing this material.
- Dispensing gun is available for easier extrusion.
- Endo mixing tips are available for smaller spaces.
- Core It® was evaluated by 30 consultants, and used 448 times in total.
- Excellent viscosity for placement and stacking
- Excellent color contrast with blue and yellow shades
- Multi-step process
- Three different shades (yellow (tooth), blue, white)
- Sets hard, cuts like dentin.
- High bond strength to enamel, dentin and posts.
- Medium viscosity allows for maximum control during application, and stackability.
- Core build-ups
- Cementation of root posts